I decided to swatch and try on a few recent nude lipstick purchases that I hadn’t gotten around to wearing yet. With surprising results.
1.Too Faced Melted liquid lipstick in shade Nude
Thoughts: alright, so when I saw the swatch on my wrist I was in love, and I thought it was the perfect shade of dark nude lipstick. However, on my own lips the colour did not appear as dark as I thought it would. However, it was a simple and light nude colour, and I found it to be hydrating as well. It will also probably be good to use as a base colour for layering darker shades.
2. Too Faced Melted Liquid Lipstick in the shade Sell Out
Thoughts: ok now this is an immediate winner. It’s a more pinky dark nude than the previous colour, and it dried matte without drying out my lips. Also stays on kinda well. Perfect berry nude.
3. TARTE Tarteist Liquid lipstick in the shade namaste
Thoughts: the swatch on my arm was really promising, and it looked like the overall perfect nude. On my lips, is another story. It’s super light, but that wasn’t my main issue. When I first applied the lipstick I noticed a slight tingling sensation, although the lipstick didn’t say anything about it being a lip plumper? I left it on a little longer, and it still kept burning, so I removed it right away at that point, and upon doing so I noticed that my lips were left looking kind of puffy and red, and some small raised bumps had appeared beside my lip. Also, the area that I had swatched was also continuing to burn…
When I later removed the swatched colour, there were small itchy bumps in its place. Needless to say, the product caused me some kind of skin irritation/ reaction.
Overall: 0/⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ : (
I can’t comment on the quality of the lipstick or colour because I was more concerned with getting it off my body as quickly as possible because it burned. If anyone has tried this colour on or owns it, I’d like to know if you’ve had a similar experience?
4. Tarte tarteist Liquid lipstick in shade bestie
Thoughts: I have actually worn this colour once before this review and I have nothing but good things to say about this colour and consistency. So much so that I convinced my mother to buy one for herself because her and I loved it so much. Although the product is tarte just as the previously mentioned one, there was no tingling sensation, or burning that came with this lipstick. This colour is more of a pinky brown nude, and it’s perfect for everyday wear
5. NYX Lingere Liquid lipstick in the shade Ruffle Trim
Thoughts: this colour is similar to the previous shade just a tad darker and a bit more brown. I love NYX lipsticks because they all have amazing staying power- and this one is no exception. I also enjoy the shade because I’m a sucker for 90s style brown nudes. Also super affordable, as I got this at my local drugstore. 100% worth it.
6. Stila Liquid lipstick in shade Caramello
Thoughts: now this is totally different than the other colours. This shade is what I can best describe as chocolate milk. It’s a very light shade of brown almost beige and at first I wasn’t sure about this shade on my skin but honestly I’m kind of fond of it. Also, stila isn’t kidding when it named this line of lipstick “stay all day”- this stuff does not come off! It took me a lot of makeup remover to get rid of this colour- which is great because I’m constantly putting on lipstick just before eating and getting it all over everything. Great product and brand!
7. Stila Liquid lipstick in the shade Patina
Thoughts: another gorgeous dark berry coloured nude shade! Looks beautiful when swatched and I thought it was equally as stunning on my lips. I like that it’s a bit darker than some of the other nudes I’ve tried while still maintaining a hint of pink. Perfect for everyday wear and once again, does not come off! Super durable, I’d say even more so then Caramello. 😍
- UPDATE: so I checked the Sephora website, and looked up Namaste by Tarte and the description of the product DOES mention “slight tingling” although I can confirm that what I felt was not slight, as It’s been an hour or so and I still have redness and itchy skin. I don’t normally have sensitive skin and I’ve never had a product let alone a lipstick give me problems. I also use a lot of lip plumping products and although they give me light tingling they never irritate me. Im not sure why I reacted this way to the lipstick but I urge people with sensitive skin to be careful with this product to avoid any side effects! Also, nothing against Tarte as I’ve always loved and owned their products and have nothing but good words for them! Xoxo